We are an early-stage startup with a five-person team and serious traction that needs a Principal Software Engineer to help scale our novel robotic solution. Grain Weevil is an award-winning grain bin safety and management robot that protects people and profits by controlling risk, cost, and quality within post-harvest grain storage processes. We have been recognized by the National Science Foundation, the American Farm Bureau, the Lemelson-MIT Student Prize, and have received backing from leading ag tech investors.
Currently, Grain Weevil is conducting on-farm trials in three states with our fleet of beta-testing robots. This position will play a pivotal role in our go to market strategy that includes serving farmers with on-farm storage, commercial grain facilities, and specialty crops/materials. We are a small but capable team that is looking for the right individual to lead the development of our edge computing system with integration of our robot control and data collection. In this role, you will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle and you will be a key player in the advancement of the company's robotic systems
Full Job Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similarly related discipline. Will consider technical degree or no degree for an exceptional candidate.
- Drive the development of Edge technology solutions as key architect and development lead.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on programming languages in C/C++, Python, is a must
- Passion for building highly reusable software models, writing clear and readable code, performing code reviews and supplying towards a CI/CD infrastructure
- Strong experience working with ROS is preferred
- Build and manage microservices based applications, with a solid demonstration of the challenges presented by the architecture including inter-service communication, service discovery, distributed log collection, monitoring and independent scaling of services, etc.
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of areas within autonomy such as localization, path planning, controls, etc. and get the chance to wear multiple hats and take on leadership responsibilities
- Work in an Agile environment and exhibit the ability to work in a constantly evolving project, without losing sight of the requirements or the overall vision.
- Excellent communication, documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture documentation
Job Type: Full-time
- $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Employer funded HSA
- Paid time off
- We are a startup focused on family and well-being
- The schedule will be flexible but require some nights & weekends
Willingness to travel:
- 20% (Preferred)
- Omaha, NE (Preferred)
- Remote + Onsite when needed (Negotiable)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org